On the occasion of the 500 years anniversary, numerous exhibitors on the Castle Road are engaged with the Reformation, among others on Coburt Fortress as original scene, where Martin Luther has been for nearly a half a year. The exhibitions are not only dedicated alone to the person of the Reformer, but also the side effects and after-effects of this time of epoch-making change. To the exhibition dates
Three specially created plays focus on Martin Luther and on the Reformation period:
In Bad Wimpfen the pageant "The Female Goldsmith of Wimpfen" takes you back into the Reformation period with its turbulent occurrences from the 8th until the 29th of July 2017.
With "Brenz 1548" you can see a play about the important Reformer from Schwäbisch Hall, Johannes Brenz, at the open-air theatre Schwäbisch Hall from the 16th of June until the 23rd of July 2017.
In Langenzenn, the historic monastery area becomes a scene of the spectacular performance "Luther", where on three stages an unique stage version of the well-known Luther film from 2003 is shown from the 2nd of June until the 3rd of August.
• public guided tour "Heidelberg, Luther and the Reformation" April until October, every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the
month Information and booking
• bookable guided tour for groups "On the tracks of Martin Luther through Heidelberg" Information and booking
Guttenberg Castle and Bad Wimpfen
bookable day's programme "500 years of Reformation in the Neckar river valley" with scenic guided tour through the Old Town of Wimpfen, hiking trip on the Neckar upstream to Guttenberg Castle and guided tour "A Mighty Fortress..." with the owner family von Gemmingen. Information and booking
bookable scenic costume-tour for groups "How the letter of indulgence got into the purgatory" Information and booking
• bookable day's programme "On the tracks of Johannes Brenz and Lucas Cranach"
• bookable costume tour for groups "Margarethe Brenz experiences the Reformation in Schwäbisch Hall"
• bookable guided tour for groups "On the tracks of Johannes Brenz"
• Arrangement for the open-air theatre (June 10th - August 25th 2017) "Here is Freedom" - a theatre-excursion
for individual guests and groups, inter alia with costume tour regarding the Reformation in Schwäbisch Hall,
ticket for the play "Brenz 1548", and introduction lecture by the intendant of the open-air theatre
Information and booking for day's programme, guided tours and arrangement
• bookable guided tour for groups "Renaissance and Reformation in Rothenburg"
• bookable per diem allowance for groups "Luther, Witches and the New Media"
• bookable guided church tour: "On the traces of the Reformation in the St. Jacob's Church"
Information and booking
public guided city tour and bookable tour for groups "On the Tracks of the Reformation" Further information
bookable guided tour for groups "The Reformation in Nuremberg - The Eye and Ear of Germany" Information and booking
Coburg bookable guided tour for groups "On the Traces of Martin Luther" Information and booking